It’s the last weekend of the summer, but don’t be sad. Rubes and I rounded up a bucket full of plump blackberries for you this morning while out on our walk. She kept the wasps at bay while I braved the thorns and spiders in waiting. Blackberries are at their peak, so let’s celebrate instead with Blackberry Mojitos!
Blackberry Mojito Recipe
* 5 fresh juicy plump blackberries
* 1 part white rum
* 6 fragrant mint leaves
* 1/2 part simple syrup
* 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice
* 1 part creme de cassis
* 1 part club soda
Makes one (Double recipe: Makes two – one for me, one for you.)
1. In a tall glass, muddle mint leaves, blackberries and simple syrup.
2. Add lime juice, rum and creme de cassis. Stir.
3. Fill glass with ice, top with club soda and stir.
4. Garnish with a couple blackberries and a sprig of mint.
Blackberry Mojito Recipe adapted from the Food Channel.
Luv Meesh xo
PS. Because I’m not very experienced at muddling, and for photographic purposes, I removed the large muddled mint leaves…they didn’t look that nice. Still the mint infused flavour remained. Just so you know…that’s an option.